Skip To Content

Academic Center for Excellence FAQ


What is an Academic Advisor?

Academic advisors are an integral part of academic life at FSC. When you arrive at FSC, you will be assigned to an advisor who works with you to develop a plan for your academic success.

Who do I talk with to plan my course schedule?

Academic advisors work with students as mentors to help them develop a plan for college studies and for success in life. All students are required to meet with their academic advisors at least twice a year prior to course sign-ups.

How do I change my major?

You should fill out the change major form located on the Registrar’s page or obtain one through the Academic Center for Excellence.

How do I drop/add a class?

You will need to fill out a drop/add form found on the Registrar’s page or obtain one from the Academic Center for Excellence. This form needs to be signed by your academic advisor.

Business Office

Can I view my account online?

Yes! You can view all transactions on your Student Account through the FSC Portal and then clicking on Financial Info.

How do I pay my bill?

Payments can be made through the Business Office by cash or check.

How do I add MocBucks to my account?

Mocbucks can be added to your account online after you set up a GET account.

How do I cancel my student insurance?

Student insurance can be cancelled by filling out a cancellation form and providing proof of a current health insurance policy.

Financial Aid

Am I eligible to work on campus? How do I find a job?

You must qualify for the campus work program by first filing your FAFSA. If you qualify it will be listed on your financial aid award letter. You can find a job by browsing the postings on the campus job board or inquiring at specific departments on campus who may be hiring.

How do I check on the status of a loan or scholarship?

Contact Financial Aid at 863.680.4140.

Is there financial aid available for study abroad?

Students may be able to receive financial aid to study abroad depending on which Study Abroad option they choose.

What do I need to do to make sure my student loans are applied to my account?

You need to choose a lender and sign a Master Promissory Note. Then complete the online entrance interview.

Additional Resources

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Questions? Contact

Academic Center for Excellence Academic Center for Excellence