Meet Our Staff
Our career experts serve as a bridge between educational, professional, and economic development goals of individuals and organizations through career development initiatives and lifelong learning opportunities.
Our vision is to be recognized within and beyond the Florida Southern College community for excellence in student and alumni professional development and career education.
Our purpose is to ensure that students from across campus secure seats in graduate school or strong job offers, with competitive salaries and opportunities for career advancement, shortly after graduation.
The Office of Career Services functions via the following guiding principles:
- Strong students create the basis for strong interns/employees.
- The student is our most important client - without them, our office would not exist.
- Career development is an evolving process best facilitated by expert coaches who encourage exploration, independence, and critical thinking.
- Access to career services should be widespread, relevant, and cater to diverse, inclusive offerings.
- We facilitate intentional, individualized, action-based plans - for students to meet their goals through one-on-one appointments, group appointments, dynamic programming, and courses.
- Faculty and department input and relationships are invaluable to professional development.
- Employer relations and industry-specific networking are paramount.
In an increasingly graduate school process, students pursuing health profession programs (i.e. medical school, physical therapy school, veterinary medical school, etc.) must develop robust profiles highlighting academic competence, maturity, skill acquisition, and career passion/insight throughout their undergraduate years.
Florida Southern College has the resources and experts to ensure that pre-health students receive the support, advice, and resources needed to build impressive personal narratives while meeting their graduate and professional goals.
Associate Professor of Biology
Citrus - 304
Associate Professor of Chemistry
Polk Science - 216
Professor of Biology
Nelson C. White Chair in the Life Sciences
Polk Science - 126
Professor of Psychology
Ordway - 252
Associate Professor of Exercise Science
Exercise Science Program Director