Intro to Health Professions
PHP 1100 is a two credit "First Year Seminar" course for pre-health students taught by Dr. Lauren Albaum, Director of the Office of Career Services. Students have the opportunity to learn about the role of health care providers and systems as well as ways to build a competitive application for professional school.
This course is required for all students who wish to participate in the FSC Pre-Professional Program (P3).
This course will provide:
- An introduction to various health professions
- Information and activities about shadowing and volunteering for pre-health students
- Recommendations for building a competitive application including required courses, ways to stand out, and recommended timelines
- An overview of application basics (such as required entrance exams and an introduction to the personal statement)
- An opportunity to hear from guest speakers in various health care fields
- And more!
Not only do students taking this course have the opportunity to participate in beneficial pre-health discussions and activities, but each participant will also have the opportunity to build connections with fellow pre-health peers in a supportive environment.