Skip To Content


Frequently Asked Questions


How Do I Register?

You may register for classes via the FSC portal, by email, by telephone, or in-person with the Registrar’s office.

FSC Portal

Through the “Portal,” you can register for classes, pay for classes online, view your student account, transcripts, course schedules, course descriptions, assignments, grades, GPA calculator, faculty information and attendance. To log onto the Portal you will need to know your student ID number and a password. To reset your portal password you must call the Help Desk at 863.616.6426. If you have difficulties registering online, please contact the Registrar’s office by email, or call 863.680.4127.


Email your course selection to the Registrar’s office. You will receive confirmation of your registration by email.


You may register for classes in person at the Registrar’s office, located on the second floor of the Thad Buckner Building, marked BB on the campus map. Their hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.

Academic Advising

I Need Help Planning My Schedule. Who Should I Contact?

Every student enrolled at FSC is assigned an academic advisor to assist with scheduling, meeting degree requirements, and identifying academic and personal goals. To save time and tuition dollars, it is important that you talk to your advisor on a regular basis. It is your responsibility to schedule an appointment to speak with an advisor as early as possible after entering FSC.

Find Your Academic Advisor

Parking / School ID

How Do I Obtain a Parking Permit?

You will need a parking permit when visiting the campus. The cost is $40.00 per academic year when you register your car with Campus Safety. You will be required to provide information about your car, including the tag number. You will find this information in the FSC Portal under the Adult and Graduate tab once you are logg

How Do I Get an FSC ID?

To receive your free FSC ID card, under the same Adult and Graduate tab in the FSC Portal, read the guidelines and follow the link to upload your photo. By uploading a photo this lets our Campus Safety and Security Office know to create your ID card, which is typically available for pickup within 48 hours. Most students pick up their ID card while on campus to pick up their parking permit.


Is College Housing Available to Me as an Adult Student?

Yes, but on a very limited basis. While we do not have dedicated housing for adult and graduate students, there are sometimes limited openings at a nearby hotel that we utilize for undergraduate housing overflow. For information on this option, please contact Residential Life at or 863-680-4206.

What Other Options Do I Have?

The Lakeland Chamber of Commerce has provided a list of their members that offer housing options in the area. The college does not endorse any specific housing option and we advise that you research these facilities (or other opportunities) on your own.

Housing Options


Where Can I Purchase My Books?

The campus bookstore. The bookstore is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. For your convenience, you can order your books online. The Bookstore phone number is 863.680.4186. Please note, the bookstore may have alternate hours in the summer and during college breaks.

Need Assistance Locating Your Classes?

Please utilize the Florida Southern College campus map. Reference the building description from your student schedule. Enter the location in the search box, and it will pull up the exact location on the campus map.

Video Tutorials

Start with these video tutorials to learn how to navigate Single Sign-on (SSO), the FSC Portal,  and Canvas.

Adult and Graduate Schedules

Florida Southern provides a diverse range of classes to meet your needs.