Sue Ann Mahoney, Ph.D., RN
Assistant Professor of BSN Nursing
As a Nursing Educator I have a strong passion for both nursing and teaching. I will do my best to facilitate motivation and confidence among students. I believe strongly in Vincent Tinto's theory that students are motivated by self-efficacy, sense of belonging, and perceived value. I believe it is my duty to help nursing students succeed and will give 100% in making sure they are retained and successful.
BiographyI was born and raised in Upstate New York but graduated from Haines City, Florida High School. I enlisted in the US Navy in 1987 and was commissioned as a Navy Nurse Corps Officer in 1994, retiring with the rank of Lieutenant Commander in 2007. I have achieved the following degrees: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (1994) at Barton College, Wilson, North Carolina; Master of Science in Nursing (1997) at University of South Alabama; PhD Educational Leadership (2018) at Keiser University.
- 2018 PhD Educational Leadership Keiser University- Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- 1997 Master of Science Nursing University of South Alabama - Mobile, AL
- 1994 Bachelor of Science Nursing Barton College - Wilson, NC
InterestsFamily, Travel, Cooking, Music and Sports (biking, swimming, golfing, tennis).
- Recognized by Women’s Memorial (2007)
- Sigma Theta Iota Honor Society (1997)
- Total Quality Leadership Facilitator (1995)
- Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society (1994)
- Who's Who in American Nursing (1994)