Kirk McKay, Jr. Exercise Room
- Patrons are required to wear closed toe athletic rubber-soled shoes in the fitness center. Dress shoes, cleats, sandals, bare feet and stocking feet are not permitted.
- Patrons must minimally wear a shirt. Shorts and pants must be worn at the waist.
- To avoid damaging the upholstery on the machines, patrons may not wear jeans, denim, or cargo pants with multiple buttons or zippers. This includes wearing weight belts while using any machine with upholstery.
- Vinyl clothing or excessive clothing worn for the purpose of increased sweat production is not permitted.
- Food, chewing gum and open drinks are not permitted in the fitness room. Closed-top water bottles are the exception.
- Proper attire should be worn in HWC facilities. Attire that exposes excessive portions of the body(back, midriff, shoulder blades, ribs, buttocks) that cause skin-to-surface with equipment contact are prohibited for sanitary purposes.
- All patrons should disinfect equipment before AND after use.
Our goal is to educate and motivate you to enhance personal responsibility for your health. You can take advantage of all or just one of the services.
Your first meeting with our personal trainers will entail a comprehensive fitness assessment which details your strengths and highlights imbalances. The fitness assessment measures body anthropometrics, cardiovascular and strength fitness levels, flexibility, and more and the results are used to design an individualized exercise program.
A second session will then be scheduled with your personal trainer to go through the designed workout. Periodic re-tests can also be schedule to gauge the degree to which you are accomplishing the goals set (at least 6 weeks apart). It is recommended that you schedule pre and post test with the same personal trainer.
Looking to take your healthy habits even further? Meet with one of our certified Nutrition Specialists to track and analyze your eating habits and make personalized adjustments that will benefit your health! Note, Nutrition Specialists do not write food plans (these are done by Registered Dietitians) but rather provide knowledge and tools to assist with the behavioral and lifestyle changes needed to sustain proper nutrition and optimum health.
To register, fill out our Project:FIT application in the Personal Training section above.