Florida Southern seeks to create a community of scholars who hold one another accountable to the high ideals, vision, and mission of the College. Choosing to join the community obligates each member to a code of behavior that reflects the highest personal and communal values to which the college is committed.
Florida Southern College’s goal of producing good citizens who make a lasting impact on their communities is advanced by the quality of campus life in the college community. Through shared values and communal expectations, Florida Southern College engenders a specific atmosphere where students can study, socialize, rest and grow as they pursue their academic goals. Campus life creates a positive and enriching environment that cares for the whole person — developing maturity of character that is the aim of the College. The Cornerstone outlines the standard of behavior that forms a basis for academic and social life.
Inspired by the Judeo-Christian principles on which the college was founded, a Florida Southern Scholar...
- will practice personal and academic integrity and excellence of character and expect the same from others.
- will respect the dignity, value, and worth of all persons while learning from the differences in other students’ backgrounds, heritage, ideas, thoughts and opinions.
- will respect the rights and property of others.
- will demonstrate concern for others, their feelings, and our collegiate need for conditions that promote personal growth and academic success.
- will contribute to the rich heritage left by those who have preceded us and work to leave the college a better place for those who follow.