Politics, Law, and Economics Lecture Series
We are grateful for generous financial support from:
2018-2019 PLE Speakers
- August 28, 2018 - DR. VICTOR V. CLAAR: FAIR TRADE COFFEE...how fair is your cup of joe?
- October 23, 2018 - ROSA MARIA PAYÁ: A TOXIC DICTATORSHIP
- November 6, 2018 - DR. RAFAEL ACEVEDO: RICHES TO RAGS: the Real Success of Socialism
- November 13, 2018 - DR. ANDREI ILLARIONOV: RUSSIA: Puzzle or Phenomenon?
- November 27, 2018 - DR. JOSE M. GARCIA: MARIEL: Before & After
- December 4, 2018 - HOWARD HUSOCK: PUBLIC HOUSING & CYCLES OF POVERTY...Time for a New Approach
- January 15, 2019 - DR. DANIEL PIPES: MIDDLE EAST & THE WEST: Why so fraught for so long?
- February 5, 2019 - REV. ROBERT A. SIRICO: The Moral Case for a Free Economy
- March 14, 2019 - DR. AMY L. WAX: The Perilous Search for Equal Results
- April 2, 2019 - DR. WALTER E. WILLIAMS: The Role of Government in a Free Society
2017-2018 PLE Speakers
- October 10, 2017 - DR. SUZANNE K. SCHOLTE: The Battle for Human Rights in North Korea: Is There Hope for Peaceful Change?
- November 4, 2017 - DR. ANDREW RETTENMAIER: Is Social Security Wealth?
- December 5, 2017 - DR. ABIGAIL HALL BLANCO: Tyranny Comes Home: The Domestic Fate of U.S. Militarism
- January 16, 2018 - DR. VIKRANT REDDY: Tough or Soft on Crime?
- January 30, 2018 - DR. NUNO GAROUPA: Can Judges be Trusted?
- February 6, 2018 - DR. DAVID SKARBEK: The Social Order of the Underworld
- February 20, 2018 - DR. CARRIE KEREKES: HANDS OFF YOUR PROPERTY!!
- March 13, 2018 - DR. CHRISTOPHER J. BOUDREAUX: Crony Capitalism = Destructive Entrepreneurship
2016-2017 PLE Speakers
- October 11, 2016 - JASON L. RILEY: The State Against Blacks
- November 10, 2016 - DR. JAMES D. GWARTNEY: Economic Freedom, Poverty, and Worldwide Income Inequality
- November 29, 2016 - DR. BRUCE L. BENSON: Criminal Justice: the System-wide Failure of Criminal Law and Its Enforcement
- January 17, 2017 - ALEX ARMLOVICH: The Sharing Economy: Uber and all That ...
- March 2, 2017 - DR. THOMAS R. SAVING: Live Free and Prosper
- April 4, 2017 - DR. PAUL H. RUBIN: Emporiophobia: How to Roll Back the Demonizing of Free Markets
Published Papers and Articles
- Joseph C. Connors, Ph.D., Whitney Buser, Ph.D.: Chapter 7:The Impact of Democracy on the Transition Through the Middle Income Range. Economic and Political Institution and Development (Editors: Joshua C. Hall, Sara Harper). Springer Nature Switzerland AG; 2019
- Joshua D. Hall, Ph.D., Karla Borja, Ph.D.: Remittances, Institutions, and Inequality in Developing Countries. Institute for the Advancement of Developing Economies; Volume 7, Issue 1, 2018
- Joshua D. Hall, Ph.D.: The Effects of Quality and Quantity of Education on Income Inequality. Economics Bulletin; Volume 38, Issue 4, 2018
- Joseph S. Connors, Ph.D., James Gwartney, Ph.D.: Economic Freedon, Development and the Changing World Economy. Cayman Financial Review; Fourth Quarter 2018, Issue No. 53
- Patrick T. Newman, Ph.D., Author: The Origins of the National Banking System: The Chase-Cooke Connection and the New York City Banks. The Independent Review: Volume 33, Issue 3, Winter 2018
- Patrick T. Newman, Ph.D., Author: Revenge: John Sherman, Russell Alger, and the Origins of the Sherman Act. Public Choice: Volume 174, Issue 3-4, March 2018