The Florida Southern Advantage
If you have followed the guidelines and are unable to graduate in four years (or less!) Florida Southern will cover the cost of tuition until you graduate1.
We can make this promise because over 85% of our graduates already graduate within four years, well above the 49% national percentage for public colleges and the 80% average for private colleges. Odds are, even without the guarantee, you will graduate in four years or less at Florida Southern. But it is nice to have the peace of mind knowing that if you don’t, we’ve got you covered.
In order to qualify for the guarantee, students must do the following:
- Successfully complete, on average, no less than 31 credit hours per academic year (summer included), while maintaining full-time enrollment for all four years.
- Not drop or fail a class without making up the class within the four-year time window.
- Avoid any academic or judicial sanctions that would delay graduation.
- Remain in the major2 declared in the first year of enrollment.
- Follow the four-year plan for graduation published by the department and maintain that program’s academic progression and required competencies
- Register for classes within the first three days of the scheduled registration period.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by the college catalog.
1 Tuition costs paid by the college are defined as that amount owed by the student minus any state and federal aid for which they qualify. The guarantee does not include room and board. Students may be required to take courses in the summer after their senior year, if by doing so they can graduate prior to the following semester. Tuition for these courses is paid by the college but room and board is the responsibility of the student.
2 The guarantee does not apply to students who choose second or third majors that may require additional work, or some programs that require teacher or other external licensure. Programs not covered under the guarantee include: Accounting, Art Education, Elementary Education, Music Education, Music Management, Nursing, Secondary Biology Education, Secondary English Education, Secondary Mathematics Education, and Secondary Social Sciences Education.