George W. Jenkins Scholarship
Thank you for your interest in the George W. Jenkins Scholarship.
Each year, the George W. Jenkins Scholarship provides five academically talented students the opportunity to study at Florida Southern College free of economic encumbrances.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2024
To be considered, students must:
- Be entering Florida Southern College as a first-time freshman.
- Be admitted to Florida Southern by the application deadline.
- Have attained a 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale in college preparatory subjects.
- Submit a completed FAFSA and demonstrate financial need as determined by FSC's Financial Aid Office
Provide the following materials:
- A completed FAFSA (The FAFSA is available online in December)
- Submit two letters of reference that fully describe your merit and significant adversity faced in detail.*
- Submit a Jenkins Scholarship Essay. In 800 words or less, the essay should address the following, with significant emphasis on the third point:
- Why do you want to attend Florida Southern College?
- How receiving the George W. Jenkins Scholarship would impact you?
- What special circumstances have you faced, specifically your history of facing and overcoming significant adversity?
Applicants must also demonstrate exceptional financial need and be U.S. citizens, legal residents of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, or Virginia and a high school graduate entering Florida Southern College as a first-time freshman.
Participation in school or community activities, a strong work ethic, and a history of facing and overcoming significant adversity will be considered. Students should share and emphasize adversity that they have faced in detail including but not limited to economic, physical, personal, and family obstacles, while achieving academic success.