Student Health Insurance
In addition to the Plan I Student Injury Program, Plan II – Health Insurance coverage is added on a waiver basis. All full-time students will be automatically included in this program and will be charged unless they decline this coverage by completing the cancellation process.
Those students who wish to decline Medical Insurance coverage, must opt out annually through the United Healthcare Student Center beginning June 1st and before September 15. Students beginning classes in January must opt out before January 15.
The waiver process is required and must be completed for each academic year.
To opt out, follow the directions below:
- Please log on to studentcenter.uhcsr.com.
- Type "Florida Southern College" into the box and click the magnifying glass to search.
- Indicate whether you wish to "Waive Coverage" or "Opt-in" by selecting the corresponding button.
- Select Florida Southern College from the drop down menu, click on “Continue.”
- Click on the “Florida Southern College Waiver Form.”
- Enter the student’s birth date and FSC id number, click on “Continue.”
- If a waiver has already been processed and is on file, the system will let you know at this point. If you do not get that message, you will be taken to a screen where you may enter your cancellation information. Please be sure to click “yes” if you are waiving Florida Southern College health insurance.
- Enter your information, type in the student signature and click “Submit.” Within a few minutes you should see a screen that confirms your waiver acceptance.
Students who do not waive their health insurance coverage will be charged the annual premium cost of $1,677.00 along with their Fall tuition and fees charges.
For those of you who wish to enroll in FSC health coverage insurance the plan provides, in addition to injury coverage, partial protection from the expenses of more costly illnesses requiring hospital care, surgical treatment, or physician’s services. These are liabilities that can seriously disrupt the educational budget. Reimbursement under the waiver sickness plan will be made to the limits described in detail at the insurance website: www.uhcsr.com. New students beginning classes in January may purchase half-year coverage.
Student Insurance Brochures
For more information regarding the Student Injury and Sickness Insurance plans, please visit www.uhcsr.com/flsouthern.