The Sarah D. and L. Kirk McKay, Jr. Archives Center was dedicated on February 20, 2009 in honor of donor Dr. Sarah McKay, the first Chairwoman of the Board of Trustees. The center provides a place for the College to preserve its history by collecting, organizing, preserving, and describing the institutional history and records of the College. These records include such materials as faculty papers and alumni papers. The archives also houses other collections such as those from Florida Politicians and the history of Florida citrus. The Florida Citrus Archives started by Professor Tom Mack was moved to the center when it opened after leaving its former home on Callahan Court in 2005. Through the Citrus Archives, the McKay Archives shares a close relationship with the Florida Citrus Hall of Fame and houses the Florida Citrus Hall of Fame Wall of Honorees. Also in the building are the Ruth K. and Charles T. Thrift, Jr. Florida United Methodist Conference Heritage Center and Archives, the Lawton M. Chiles Center for Florida History, and the Justice Teaching Center for Civic Learning.
Located outside the McKay Archives Center is the R. Ira Barnett Plaza, which was named for Rev. Robinson Ira Barnett (Class of 1899), a member of both the Honor Walk and Board of Trustees, the brother of Henry Green Barnett, the father of Athletics supporter Hoyt W. Barnett, and the grandfather of Trustee Dr. Barney Barnett (Class of 1965).