In 1965, the George W. Jenkins Field House was completed adjacent to what is now Mr. George's Green and the Fannin Center. The building is named after one of the College's most long-standing donor relationships - that with George Jenkins, founder of Publix Supermarkets, Polk County legend, and Honorary Chancellor. That very relationship continues to date with Mr. George's children and grandchildren. Also designed by Nils Schweizer, Jenkins Field House was constructed from three aircraft hangars that had been at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa. Inside was a large gymnasium for basketball games, and later volleyball games, as well as athletic facilities such as workout rooms and locker rooms. Throughout the years, the Jenkins Field House has undergone renovations such as the installation of air conditioning, improved lighting, and refinished floors. Two additions to the Jenkins Field House have been the Clayton and Mary Lee Lyons Conference Room, named for alumni Clayton (Class of 1951) and Mary Lee (Class of 1951), and, after renovations in 2012, the Chas and Susan Smith Lobby dedicated to Trustee Chas Smith and his wife in 2013. The Field House also hosts large-scale student events like BlastOff and Glowfest.