Formerly known as the Jackson Student Activities Building, Jackson Religion Building
Another brick building was built near the dormitories in 1937: the Jackson Student Activity Building. Nicknamed "the Jook" because of its jukebox, the building was named after Frank D. Jackson, an Honorary Chancellor and Trustee. The Jook was a place for students to socialize and have refreshments during the school year. In 1949, it was repurposed as a religion education building, and the classrooms were rededicated on March 10, 1980 after a donation by Frances and Alfred Shepard. After renovations in 2013, the building holds the offices of the Chaplain and Associate Chaplain, a kitchen, and a large meeting room where studies and gatherings are held. At the same time, it was rededicated to Trustee Bishop Robert Fannin (Class of 1958) and his wife, Faye Fannin (Class of 1959).