Florida Southern College's first swimming pool opened in 1956 near the Wolfe Building on what is now Ingraham Avenue. It was a popular gathering place for students and was featured in many of the College's yearbooks (The Interlachen) through the years. The pool featured a large, bean-shaped swimming area with diving boards. In 1997, with the addition of the Nina B. Hollis Wellness Center, the original pool was removed and a new rectangular one was built to accommodate Florida Southern College's swim team with regulation lanes for competitions. In a shallower area connected to one of the corners, students can enjoy pool volleyball or simply enjoy themselves in the water. Multiple pool parties are also held throughout the year as well as Wellness Center events like water aerobics.