Formerly known as the Centennial Plaza and Garden of the Presidents, Pearce Centennial Tower
The Pearce Centennial Tower was dedicated in 1985 to Mellie and William Pearce by their daughter Edna Pearce Lockett (Class of 1934), who had been the Honorary Chancellor for 1980. She made the announcement at the annual Alumni Luncheon in 1984 in honor of the upcoming College centennial celebrations. Like many other projects on campus at the time, the tower was also completed by Nils Schweizer. In October 1991, Rev. Robert J. (Class of 1937) and Charlotte R. Gisler dedicated the Campus Carillon to "ring out boldly reminding us of three FSC presidents who cared about students and patiently gave them help in their pursuit of an education: Ludd M. Spivey, Charles T. Thrift, Robert A. Davis." The area was rededicated after renovations in 2007 and was named for the parents of Chairman of the Board of Trustees Robert L. Fryer, Jr. (Class of 1970).