Also known as the Laboratory School, Beta Mu House
In 1926, a men's dormitory was completed for Southern College and was designated as the Beta Mu fraternity house in 1933. A year after Allan Spivey Hall was constructed in 1936, the dormitory was repurposed as the Laboratory School. In 1943, the purpose of the building was re-altered towards the Eleanor Searle School of Music as a temporary location while Frank Lloyd Wright designed a music building that would never be built. Due to extensive development on campus in addition to changing codes and standards for residence halls, only the shell of the building remains from which the Marjorie McKinley Music Building was constructed in 1963.