After two years of construction, Allan Spivey Hall was completed in 1936. At the time, it housed the school's women; this stood until the early 2010s, when the hall began to house first-year men. The building was named in memory of President Spivey's son Allan, who died at the age of seven from rabies. Spivey Hall mirrors Joseph-Reynolds Hall, to an extent, as a horseshoe-shaped building with three floors and a basement floor. This basement housed the Southern Bio-Research Institute and A.P. Cooke Memorial Cancer Laboratory, headed by Director Dr. Boris Sokoloff, from the 1950s to 1970s. Allan Spivey Hall has seen multiple additions over the years. In 2007, Archie McQuagge (Class of 1942) and Betty Crosswy McQuagge (Class of 1946) dedicated the renovated lobby lounge to Annie Partin Burns, who lived in Allan Spivey for all three years of her time at the College. Five years later, on September 25, 2012, a veranda was added to the east side of the building and dedicated to Ebbie Sue Pou Doherty (Class of 1981), daughter of Trustee Maida Pou.