Formerly known as The Ark
One of the more versatile buildings in Florida Southern College's history was The Ark, which stood on part of what is now Mr. George's Green. Built in 1939, the structure doubled as an auditorium during special events and as a skating rink for students to enjoy in their free time beginning in 1943. In 1946, it was repurposed to hold classes for the Art Department; then, in 1951, it became the home of the College's ROTC program and earned the name "the Little Pentagon." It also served as temporary home to the Student Union as well as the Communications Department until the building was demolished in 1981.