Formerly known as the Chi Ro House
This building, located on Johnson Avenue, was originally deeded to President Spivey in 1937. President Spivey then gave the property rights to the College in 1941, and the building was used as a dormitory for the Greek fraternity Chi Ro. Soon after, in 1947, the building became the home of the Citrus Institute. When the Polk County Science Building was completed, the Citrus Institute moved out and the Communications Department took its place. In 1970, the building was named in honor of the College's eighth President Thomas Gelzer Lang. The Lang Building was demolished in 1979, and the William S. Chatlos Communications Building was built in its place.