The L.N. Pipkin Bandshell was designed by Robert Wehr, Frank Lloyd Wright's construction superintendent and a Florida Southern faculty member, and was built by Florida Southern College students. It was named for L.N. Pipkin, Vice President of the Board of Trustees and one of the three donors who had been crucial in the College's move to Lakeland in 1922. When it was completed in 1941, the Pipkin Bandshell was the largest in the state. On October 25, 1941, the L.N. Pipkin Bandshell was officially dedicated and bands from across the state came to perform. Over the years, the bandshell served as a gathering place for students and members of the Lakeland community to enjoy musical, theatrical, and campus-oriented entertainment such as concerts under the stars. For several years, the Center for Student Involvement was also housed inside the bandshell. In August 2022, the L.N. Pipkin Bandshell was razed to make way for the Adams Athletic Performance Center.