Formerly known as Southern Athletic Fields, Pipkin Athletic Field
Southern College's first athletic field opened on October 23, 1926 and hosted events such as football games until the 1930s. On March 25, 1954, George M. Trautman, President of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues, posthumously dedicated the field to longtime donor and Trustee L.N. Pipkin. A softball field was added in 1980, and in 1990, the complex was renamed to honor a longtime supporter of the Florida Southern Athletics Department: Hoyt W. Barnett. While not a graduate himself, Barnett had multiple other connections to the College as he was the son of Honor Walk Recipient and Trustee Rev. R. Ira Barnett (Class of 1899) as well as the father of alumnus and Trustee Dr. Barney Barnett (Class of 1965). In 2018, the Barnett Athletic Field was completely overhauled and became the Barnett Athletic Complex.