The Bachelor of Science in Music with a Concentration in Music Management is an interdepartmental degree program that combines music, economics, and business courses to prepare you for a career in music business.
Along with courses in applied music, music theory, and music history that develop your technical understanding of music, you’ll take classes in business and economics that give you a foundation in business administration. With this background, you’ll be ready to excel in whatever aspect of music business you pursue, whether that's music retail, music marketing, artist management, music publishing, or record production.
Top Reasons to Study Music Management at FSC
- Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, the Music Department provides a comprehensive music business curriculum that meets national standards.
- Our low student-to-faculty ratio ensures that you’ll get personal attention from your professors who are committed to your success.
- You'll get practical experience through a ten-week internship with a company or arts organization during your final semester.
- Your courses will include specialized classes like Introduction to Music Business, Music Product and Retailing, and Music Management.
- Our music management majors have interned with the New York Philharmonic, the Dallas Symphony, the Tanglewood Music Festival, and the Orlando Opera.
Engaged Learning in the Classroom
FSC’s music programs thrive on engagement. Here, you’ll join a community where students and faculty work closely together. Our small classes and intimate faculty-student ratio provide you with constant teacher interaction and advice. And because practice rooms are steps away from teaching studios, answers and assistance are just across the hall.
Departmental Clubs & Organizations
In addition to our chapter of Music Entertainment Industry Student Association, a national organization for students in the field of music management, we sponsor numerous music-related groups. Audition for our Wind Ensemble, Symphony Band, and Jazz Ensemble, or for one of our numerous small ensembles that include:
- Chamber Singers
- Clarinet Choir
- Flute Choir
- Horn Choir
- Men’s Chorale
- Percussion Ensemble
- Saxophone Choir
- Symphony Orchestra
- Trombone Choir
- Trumpet Choir
- Tuba Choir
- Women’s Chorale
We also have chapters of Delta Omicron, an international professional fraternity open to music majors and minors, and Phi Mu Alpha, a music fraternity open to anyone with a professional interest in music regardless of major.
We offer talent-based music scholarships for students intending to pursue a degree program in Music. These scholarships require an audition.
Learn More About Auditions
Graduate & Professional Opportunities
We have an exceptional track record in placing our graduates in prestigious graduate schools and careers in music business professions. Our alumni work for the Florida Orchestra, EMI/CMG in Nashville, and Sony BMG Entertainment Business Services in New York to name a few.