Thank you for your interest in the Jenkins Scholarship.
Each year, the George W. Jenkins Scholarship provides five academically talented students the opportunity to study at Florida Southern College free of economic encumbrances.
Apply Now for the jenkins scholarship
Applications have two possible deadline dates. The priority application date is November 1, and applications are due no later than January 3.
To be considered, students must:
- Be entering Florida Southern College as a first-time freshmen.
- Be admitted to Florida Southern by the application deadline.
- Attained a 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale in college preparatory subjects.
- 26 ACT or
- 1240 SAT
- Submit a completed FAFASA and demonstrate financial need as determine by the College Financial Aid office.
Provide the following materials:
- Records of participation and leadership in school or community organizations, evidence of a strong work ethic, and the motivation to succeed are important factors.
- Two letters of reference* that address your merit, financial need, and best address your strength of personal character and your commitment to your education.
* Recommendations used in support of your admission application, may not be submitted again in support of your scholarship application.
Applicants must also demonstrate exceptional financial need and be U.S. citizens, legal residents of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, or Tennessee, and a high school graduate entering Florida Southern College as first-time freshmen.
Students who have overcome significant economic obstacles, while achieving academic and personal goals, will receive special consideration.
Students who apply by November 1 will be notified if they are selected for an interview by November 15. Students who apply by January 3 will be notified by January 15. Finalists will have an opportunity to interview at Scholars Weekend on November 30, January 25 or February 15.
Learn More about scholars weekend
Office of Admissions