- Official transcripts of all academic work
- Current Résumé
- Professional Statement
(no more than two pages, single spaced in length). Statement should highlight relevant work history and immediate and long term professional goals as an advanced-practice nurse.
- Statement should demonstrate an understanding of the scope of an advanced-practice nurse and be specific to the MSN track selected.
- Three Letters of Recommendation: 1 from a nurse practitioner; 1 from a college level faculty member who has had you in class or was a program advisor; and 1 from your current or recent supervisor/employer.
- MSN from a regionally accredited institution and a CCNE, CNEA, or ACEN accredited nursing program.
- MSN Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Required prerequisite courses completed with a “C” or better: health assessment, nursing research or evidence-based practice, and statistics or biostatistics course.
- Proof of current active licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Florida. Minimum of one year experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Completion of a criminal background check, proof of immunization, and ten-panel drug screen (if admitted)
- Personal Interview may be required
- Prior to entering any of the clinical courses, applicants must have completed the following courses at the graduate level: pathophysiology, pharmacology, health assessment, and research*.
* If needed, these courses may also be completed at Florida Southern College..
Additional International Requirements
- Official Translated Transcripts With Course By Course Evaluation**
- Bank Letter Verifying Funds of Sponsor***
- Sponsor's Guarantee Form
- Valid Passport
- Official TOEFL/IELTS Score****
** World Education Services, Josef Silny and Associates, Academic Evaluation Services, Inc., or similar approved agency.
*** A bank letter is a written statement on bank letterhead and signed by a bank official.
**** Must have completed an English language training program or at least one year at an English speaking institution to waive the TOEFL/IELTS testing requirement.