- Official transcripts of all academic work
- Professional Statement (no more than two pages, single spaced in length). Statement should highlight relevant work history and immediate and long term professional goals as an advanced-practice nurse. Statement should also demonstrate an understanding of the scope of an advanced-practice nurse and be specific to the MSN track selected.
- Current Résumé
- Three Letters of Recommendation: It is preferred that the applicant submit a variety of references (one from a nurse practitioner, one from a college-level faculty member who has had them in class or was a program advisor, and one from a current or recent supervisor/employer). However, if attaining any of these specific types of references proves to be a hardship, the committee will consider three strong nursing-related references.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on 4.0 scale on the last 60 hours of
- Required prerequisite courses completed with a “C” or better: health assessment, nursing research or evidence-based practice, and statistics or biostatistics course.
- Proof of current active licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Florida. Minimum of one year experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Completion of a criminal background check, proof of immunization, and ten-panel drug screen (if admitted)
- Personal Interview may be required