Junior Journey is back, with ten fun and exciting trips planned for fall break.
The Junior Journey program offers students an opportunity for intellectual and cultural growth while they earn academic credit. Trips, which are led by faculty members and other qualified staff, are typically one to three weeks long, giving students a chance to see how what they are learning in the classroom can be applied in different settings.
Seniors who are graduating in December 2022 will have the first opportunity to view and sign up for trips, followed by Spring 2023 graduating seniors, then the Class of 2024. December 2022 graduates must apply on or before August 6, 2022, in order to secure their spot.
To apply, submit your application via the travel tab on the FSC Student Portal, and make any appropriate deposit.
Note that all international travel will require a valid passport.
Different countries have different Covid-19 policies that may differ from the United States. It is the responsibility of each student to ensure compliance with all laws for entry into any foreign country. Refunds will not be given to any student if they do not meet the criteria to be allowed into any foreign country. Please check to ensure that you will be able to fully comply before signing up for any trip.
Fall 2022 trips will include:
- Arizona | FSC 2997 | 1 Credit Hour | Oct. 15th to Oct. 22nd | Dr. Yovan Reyes
- New York | FSC 1997 | 1 Credit Hour | Oct. 16th to Oct. 22nd | Dr. Alex Rich
- Bimini, Bahamas | BIO 3316 | 4 Credit Hours | Oct. 15th to Oct. 21st | Dr. Gabe Langford
- Costa Rica | EDU 3998 | 1 Credit Hour | Oct. 16th to Oct. 23rd | Dr. Bernardo Blanco
- Eastern Europe | FSC 1997 | 1 Credit Hour | Oct. 14th to Oct. 23rd | Dr. William Allen
- Germany | POS 3397 | 2 Credit Hours | Oct. 15th to Oct. 23rd | Dr. Bruce Anderson
- Greece | FSC 1997 | 1 Credit Hour | Oct. 15th to Oct. 22nd | Dr. Roxanne Back
- London FSC 2997 | 1 Credit Hour | Oct. 14th to Oct. 22nd | Dr. Collin Clark
- Portugal and Spain TRIP IS FULL, WAITLIST ONLY | FSC 1997 | 2 Credit Hours | Oct. 14th to Oct. 22nd | Coach Kara Reber
- Southern Spain | FSC 1997 | 1 Credit Hour | Oct. 15th to Oct. 22nd | Dr. Jose Garcia
See trip descriptions here »
When considering study abroad options, it’s helpful to understand what's included in the total price. Here is what is, and isn’t, covered:
- Full-service transportation, door to door from Florida Southern to your final destination and back again, is included.
- All lodging, including on-campus housing prior to trip and throughout your travels, is included.
- Most meals, with a few exceptions, are included. Faculty trip directors share detailed itineraries so you’ll know which meals might not be covered.
- If your trip allows free time for outside excursions, these are at your own expense.
In order to be eligible for any student travel program at Florida Southern, you must have:
- A clear business office record
- A cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- A clear record of student accountability
- Submit forms and deposit if applicable
Further questions should be directed to the Student Travel office at 863.616.6411, or email@example.com.