November 1, 2018 at 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Logistics: it impacts everyone. From delivery of our office supplies, food, computers, computers and data systems and any item within our homes and offices – logistics planning touches them all.
Central Florida has become a highly desired center for logistics. The 7th Polk Real Estate and Economic Update will showcase logistics – local companies using the latest technology to move and source those items we each use every day – and the impact these successful enterprises have on our local economy.
- 8:00 a.m. Registration & Networking Social with Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. Welcome
- 8:45 a.m. Keynote Presentation - In Search of the Next Dominant Design in Supply Chain
Dr. Tom Goldsby
- 9:30 a.m. Logistics Panel: Wholesalers, Retailers, End Users
Moderator: Scott Ramey, Supply Chain Consultant and Adjunct Professor
- Jeff Day, Director of Transportation and Maintenance. Publix Super Markets
- Rick Meyer, Vice President, Supply Chain, W. S. Badcock Corporation
- Jason Witty, Vice President of Operations, Florida, Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits
- 10:15 a.m. Networking Break
- 10:30 a.m. Third Party Logistics, Infrastructure Providers
Moderator: Dr. Deepak Iyengar, Associate Professor of Business, David P. and Constance Lyons Endowed Chair in Logistics
- Mark Cabrera, Chief Operating Officer, Saddle Creek Logistics Services
- Gene Conrad, Airport Director, Lakeland Linder Regional Airport
- Wade Elliot, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development, Port Tampa Bay
- 11:30 a.m. Economic Development Award
- A special presentation honoring Publix Super Markets for their overall economic impact to the county and the region.
- Student Presentation
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch Buffet
- 12:15 p.m. Real Estate Panel
- Industrial Market Overview – Greg Ruthven, The Ruthvens
- Retail Market Overview – Gary Ralston, Saunders Ralston Dantzler
- Office Market Overview – Wesley Beck, Beck Kryger Capital Partners
- Residential Market Overview – Bob Adams, Highland Homes
Parking and shuttle service from First Presbyterian Church, 157 Lake Hollingsworth Drive, Lakeland.
For more information, call 863.616.6458.