students studying outdoors

Student Solutions


Your comprehensive resource location for student-centered support for collegiate excellence!

The Student Solutions Center welcomes you with a well-qualified and welcoming professional staff to assist you with a variety of questions and resources including:

  • First Year Academic Advising
  • Academic Fuel
    • Peer Assisted Study Sessions
    • Scholars Strengthening Scholars
    • The Writing Center
    • Study Skills
    • Time Management

Whether you are one of the newest members of the FSC community or a seasoned Moccasin, the Student Solutions Center team focuses on your needs to achieve your fullest potential at Florida Southern.

robot drinking fuel  

Academic Fuel

For more information about the programs, please contact Taylor Shook in Student Solutions at 863.680.4472.

FSC Writing Center

The FSC Writing Center is located on the first floor of the Rogers Building.

Make an appointment in Portal on the Academic Fuel tab, call 863.680.4983 or come to the Center in person to make an appointment.

Walk-ins are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Please bring any helpful assignment information.

Appointments are typically 30 minutes per visit.

FSC Writing Center
Monday 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Tuesday 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Wednesday 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Thursday 12:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Friday 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sunday 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM

Scholars Strengthening Scholars (S3)

S3 will take place in the Student Solutions Center Lounge, Rogers 128 (SSC Lounge). Students can make appointments on Portal by clicking the Academic Fuel tab or walk-in during the scheduled session times.

Subject Schedule
Accounting Wednesday
6:00 – 8:00 PM in Rogers 128
4:00 – 6:00 PM in Rogers 128
Business Tuesday
6:00 – 8:00 PM in Rogers 128
Economics Tuesday
7:00 – 9:00 PM in Rogers 128
7:00 – 9:00 PM in Rogers 128
7:00 – 9:00 PM in Rogers 128
7:00 – 9:00 PM in Rogers 128
7:00 – 8:00 PM in Rogers 128
6:00 – 7:00 PM in Rogers 128
4:00 – 6:00 PM in Rogers 128
Physics Thursday
6:00 – 8:00 PM in Rogers 128
3:00 – 5:00 PM in Rogers 128
Exercise Science Wednesday
7:00 – 9:00 PM in Rogers 119
6:00 – 8:00 PM in Rogers 119
Math Tuesday
6:00 – 8:00 PM in Rogers 119
6:00 – 8:00 PM in Rogers 119
Computer Science Tuesday
6:00 – 8:00 PM in Rogers 119

Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS)

Students seeking support for coursework in a particular math or science course are welcome to group work sessions. PASS Leaders work directly with faculty to reinforce material learned in class.

Course Day Location
BIO 2215 Anatomy & Physiology I Sunday
4:30 – 6:00 PM
PS 005 Lab
BIO 3700 Genetics Tuesday
6:00 – 7:00 PM
Rogers Seminar Room (2nd floor)
CHE 1011 Chemical Foundations I
6:00 – 7:00 PM
Rogers 225
CHE 1112 Principles of Chemistry II Tuesday
7:00 – 8:00 PM
Rogers 225
CHE 2232 Organic Chemistry II Thursday
8:00 – 9:00 PM
Rogers Seminar Room (2nd floor)
MAT 1007 Contemporary Math Thursday
7:00 – 8:00 PM
Rogers 225
MAT 2311 Calculus I Wednesday
7:00 – 8:00 PM
Rogers 225

Student Solutions Center

The Student Solutions Center is a comprehensive resource location for students and families.


Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM

Contact Us

Phone: 863.680.4900

Find Us

The Student Solutions Center is located on the first floor in the Rogers Building. (R on the campus map)

Connect With Us

facebook twitter

Stay on top of the latest events and announcements.

Student Disability Services

Florida Southern College adheres to Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) as amended by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA), in prohibiting discrimination against any “otherwise qualified” student with a disability.

Students with disabilities requesting accommodations should contact Student Disability Services at 863.680.4198.

Find out more about Student Disability Services  

Student Complaint and Appeal Procedures

Florida Southern holds that student grievances are best handled by the professional staff within the specific area associated with the complaint rather than centralized in a single office or individual. Therefore, complaints and appeals are addressed by various offices depending on the nature of the grievance.

Learn more about our student complaint procedures ‚Äč

Student and family on check-in day  

Frequently Asked Questions


What is an academic advisor?

Academic advisors are an integral part of academic life at FSC. When you arrive at FSC, you will be assigned to an advisor who works with you to develop a plan for your academic success.

Whom do I talk to plan my course schedule?

Academic advisors work with students as mentors to help them develop a plan for college studies and for success in life. All students are required to meet with their academic advisors at least twice a year prior to course sign-ups.

How do I change my major?

You should fill out the change major form located on the Registrar's webpage or obtain one through the Student Solutions Center.

How do I drop/add a class?

You will need to fill out a drop/add form found on the Registrar's webpage or obtain one from the Student Solutions Center. This form needs to be signed by your academic advisor.

Financial Aid

Am I eligible to work on campus? How do I find a job?

You must qualify for the campus work program by first filing your FAFSA. If you qualify it will be listed on your financial aid award letter. You can find a job by browsing the postings on the campus job board or inquiring at specific departments on campus who may be hiring.

How do I check on the status of a loan or scholarship?

Contact financial aid at 863-680-4140.

Is there financial aid available for Study Abroad?

Students may be able to receive financial aid to study abroad depending on which Study Abroad option they choose.

What do I need to do to make sure my student loans are applied to my account?

You need to choose a lender and sign a Master Promissory Note. Then complete the online entrance interview.

Business Office

Can I view my account online?

Yes! You can view all transactions on your Student Account through the FSC Portal and then clicking on Financial Info.

How do I pay my bill?

Payments can be made through the Business Office by cash or check.

How do I add MOCBUCKS to my account?

Mocbucks can be added to your account online after you set up a GET account.

How do I cancel my student insurance?

Student insurance can be cancelled by filling out a cancellation form and providing proof of a current health insurance policy.

Student Life

How does the meal plan work?

The weekly plans break down as follows:

20 meal plan 6 meal swipes in Wynee's Bistro and $55 in points that can be used at any food venue on campus including Wynee's. On the 20 meal plan, points used in Wynee's are charged at 3.96 per meal.
15 meal plan 5 meal swipes in Wynee's Bistro and $46 in points that can be used at any food venue on campus including Wynee's. On the 15 meal plan, points used in Wynee's are charged at 4.61 per meal.
10 meal plan 3 meal swipes in Wynee's Bistro and $40 in points that can be used at any food venue on campus including Wynee's. On the 10 meal plan, points used in Wynee's are charged at 5.74 per meal.
5 meal plan 34 points that can be used at any food venue on campus including Wynee’s. On the 5 meal plan points used in Wynee’s are charged at 6.86 per meal.

Keep in mind that you are able to eat more times in Wynee’s than the minimum number of meals. When you do, each additional time your points will be charged for the meal rate of your particular plan. The swipes (only good at Wynee’s) do not rollover from week to week. The unused points (dollars) will roll over from week to week but cannot be carried over to the next semester. (The swipes and points will be prorated during weeks with breaks, such as fall and spring break). The week period begins Monday morning and ends Sunday night.

Do I have to attend Convocation? What do I need to do if I miss a Convo?

Yes, Convocation is a graduation requirement. If you are unable to attend, then you can watch an encore showing the following week or be subject to a $100 fee.

I lost my student ID, how do I get a new one?

Student IDs can be obtained at the Campus Safety office.

Where do I go to get a parking permit?

Parking permits can be obtained through the Campus Safety office.

What does the student health insurance cover?

A copy of the brochure outlining the benefits covered through Florida Southern's student health insurance can be obtained at the Student Health Center.

Do I have to leave campus during breaks?

While our residence halls are closed during fall, Thanksgiving, winter, and spring breaks, you may stay for some of those periods at no charge. You’ll need to let the Office of Community Living know in advance if you plan to stay during one of these. Staying on campus during Thanksgiving does incur a charge. No one may stay during winter break when the campus is closed. Complete details on break policies can be found online.

Meet Our Staff

Photo: Shari Szabo

Shari Szabo
Dean of Student Success

Photo: Louise Johnson

Louise Johnson
Student Success Specialist

Photo: Emily Odio-Sutton

Emily Odio-Sutton
Student Success Specialist

Photo: Taylor Cochran

Taylor Shook
Student Success Specialist

photo of jonathon ladin

Jonathon Ladin
Student Success Specialist