Whether you’re designing a sales strategy, researching consumer behavior, or identifying the right audience for a product, as a marketer, you’ll have the knowledge and skills to creatively solve market challenges.
You’ll gain a competitive advantage in our marketing career track through courses that offer firsthand experience shaping the advertising, promotion, and sales tactics of real-world products while developing a solid understanding of business concepts.
The Barney Barnett School of Business and Free Enterprise at Florida Southern College has taken its place among the most respected university business schools in the world by earning accreditation from AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Top Reasons to Choose FSC for Marketing
- Accreditation by AACSB is a mark of excellence in business education, earned by less than 5 percent of the world’s business programs.
- You’ll gain first-hand marketing experience while building a solid foundation of general business knowledge.
- You’ll have opportunity to intern with local, national, and international companies.
- You’ll participate in real-world case studies with local businesses and organizations.
- Your advanced courses will allow you to build expertise in all aspects of marketing.
- Our guaranteed travel/study option ensures that you gain the global perspective needed to succeed in today’s marketplace.
Engaged Learning in the Classroom
In addition to your coursework, you’ll work on marketing projects for local businesses and organizations.
Our marketing management class created an awareness campaign for a new KIA dealership, and KIA's corporate officers are currently considering adopting their materials.
Through your courses, you’ll master the complexities of marketing in courses that teach you to perform business-critical activities, such as the competitive analysis; product development; and relationship management with suppliers, distributors, and consumers. In addition to the required marketing courses in the business core, you’ll be able to take electives in specific areas such as international marketing, marketing research, marketing management, and sport marketing.
Graduate & Professional Opportunities
Marketing is one of the hottest growing industries, and a career path in marketing at FSC will separate you from other college graduates. You’ll be ready for a career in fields such as marketing, marketing research, and sport marketing. And because you’ll take more than just traditional business courses, you’ll also be better prepared for graduate school.
FSC marketing majors have gone on to work in brand management, market research, and public relations for such companies as:
- Lockheed Martin
- Detroit Tigers
- Wynn Resorts
- Ritz Carlton