Schedule your Audition
If you are interested in pursuing a FSC Dance Major (B.F.A. and B.A.) or Dance Minor an audition is required.
The audition process will consist of ballet and modern dance technique, as well as improvisational movement. Students auditioning for the Dance Major (B.F.A and B.A.) should also prepare a short solo of 90 seconds or less. The solo may be student choreography or a part of work choreographed by someone else.
Schedule your audition by completing the form below. An audition request must be completed at least 48 hours prior to the audition date. If you have any questions about the audition process, please email Jessica Parker at email@example.com.
About your audition
- This audition is for students who have already been accepted academically into FSC and who intend to major/minor in Dance.
- Students must bring a letter of recommendation from a current or past dance instructor and a self-photo (headshot, dance photo, or enlarged snapshot) for identification purposes.
- Students auditioning for the Dance Major (B.F.A and B.A.) should also prepare a short solo of 90 seconds or less. The solo may be student choreography or a part of work choreographed by someone else.
- Appropriate attire for the audition includes correct dancewear (leotard/tights) and footwear (ballet slippers and bare feet). Students may be asked to do pointe work at the discretion of the instructor.
- If accepted into the Dance Program, the audition will also guide the dance faculty in your level placements for technique classes as an incoming student. The faculty has the opportunity to recommend a change in course level during the first week of classes, if needed, so every student is placed in the most appropriate technique level for their current ability.
Registration is closed.