Every successful industry today recognizes the need to maintain strong lines of communication with target audiences.
Our Advertising and Public Relations program prepares you for the reality of the global communications world.
With a strong multimedia background and practical learning experiences, you’ll graduate poised to put your corporate communication skills to work.
Top Reasons to Choose FSC for
Advertising & Public Relations
- Our students complete professional internships before graduation. Students can pursue internships in the major markets of Tampa and Orlando.
- Relationships with professors extend beyond the classroom and beyond graduation. We continue to provide graduates with professional and career guidance.
- All full-time communication professors hold masters degrees or higher and are members of professional organizations.
- Students have the opportunity to present at state and national conferences to share campaigns and network with industry professionals.
Engaged Learning in the Classroom
In the Principles of Advertising and Public Relations course, you’ll receive an introduction into the worlds of advertising and public relations—and then work on a preliminary campaign for a local organization.
Through regular discussion about the creative aspects of award-winning commercials in class, you’ll develop your critical abilities for identifying what makes advertising effective and memorable.
In all your advertising classes, even your introductory ones, you’ll be asked to develop ads that illustrate the concepts being discussed.
See a complete list of advertising & public relations courses
Departmental Clubs & Organizations
Advertising majors are encouraged to participate in the National Student Advertising Competition (NSAC), which provides an opportunity to work on a real-life advertising campaign.
You’ll also have numerous opportunities to network with industry professionals and tour area advertising agencies as a member of AdFed, our student advertising organization.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
There are numerous sources for scholarships related to FSC’s different communications degrees. This is just a partial list of Web sites that offer information on scholarships related to advertising and public relations:
Our majors intern throughout the region at corporations, agencies, and non-profits such as:
- Bartow Chamber of Commerce
- Blue Lake Citrus Products
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
- City of Lakeland
- Cross Cultural Center
- Detroit Tigers
- Explorations V
- Girl Scouts
- Grapevine Communications
- Hal Paul Enterprises
- Hall Communications, Inc.
- Heart of Florida United Way
- Institute of Spanish Communication, Inc.
- Kingston Partners
- Lakeland Economic Development Council
- Lakeland Regional Medical Center
- Lakeland Thunderbolts
- Lion's Share Entertainment
- Live Nation
- Peabody Hotel Group
- Peace River Center
- Philadelphia Phillies
- Polk County Board of County Commissioner
- Polk County Public Schools
- Polk Museum of Art
- Polk Works
- Publix Super Markets Inc.
- Supervisor of Elections
- Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center
- Total Events LLC
- Universal Studios Orlando
- Warner Southern College
- Watson Clinic
Graduate & Professional Opportunities
Our graduates have pursued advanced degrees at leading programs such as the University of Texas at Austin, University of West Florida, and the University of Central Florida.