Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Program
Through a partnership with one of the nation’s most renowned medical colleges, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM), FSC students are able to pursue the pre-med, pre-pharmacy and pre-dental tracks. Those who meet all the academic requirements while earning their undergraduate degrees will be guaranteed acceptance into Lake Erie’s graduate medical program at its campuses in Pennsylvania and Florida.
LECOM is a private college with physical locations in Erie and Greensburg, Pennsylvania, and Bradenton, Florida.
Partnership with Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
With a growing demand of healthcare professionals, FSC and LECOM partnered to help prepare new doctors, dentists and pharmacists succeed in the healthcare industry. This special Early Acceptance Program (EAP) with LECOM allows high school or current FSC students to apply to LECOM medical, dental or pharmacy school. (Students who meet the requirements in high school are conditionally accepted into both FSC and LECOM’s program simultaneously.)
Early Acceptance Program
LECOM has developed special Early Acceptance Programs with select community colleges, undergraduate colleges and universities that grant qualified students a provisional early acceptance to LECOM’s School of Pharmacy, School of Dental Medicine or College of Osteopathic Medicine. In some cases, these programs will permit the student to start the professional program prior to receiving a bachelor degree from the undergraduate institution.
To qualify for the BS+DO/PharmD/DMD program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 26 ACT
- Minimum 1240 SAT
- High school GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Maintain a cumulative GPA at Florida Southern College of 3.4 or higher and a science GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Interviews may be required, depending on the program
Students already attending FSC must meet these requirements as well enroll into the Early Acceptance Program (EAP).
For each of the programs, a maximum combined total of 5 students per academic year will be admitted from FSC’s EAP into each LECOM program.
For Students Entering FSC from High School
- Apply for admission to LECOM
- Apply for admission to Florida Southern College
- Students who have been provisionally accepted to LECOM and who have applied to Florida Southern College will be emailed requesting they complete the LECOM/FSC EAP enrollment form (processed on a rolling basis; once capacity has been reached students will be placed on a waiting list).
- Accepted students will be sent a welcome letter and informed that they must submit their admissions deposit to the FSC Admissions Office by April 15th to secure their spot in the LECOM/FSC EAP program. Students who do not submit their admissions deposit by April 15 release their spot in the LECOM/FSC EAP program.
- Wait list students (those who submitted after program capacity was reached) will be notified and updated regarding status on April 16.
For Current FSC Undergraduates
- Apply directly to LECOM
- Complete the Application for the FSC-LECOM Early Acceptance Program (available from Dr. Morvillo, Chair of Biology and Pre-medical Studies Coordinator)
Regardless of the time of application, students must be enrolled in the EAP and attend Florida Southern College for at least two consecutive years to be considered for acceptance into any of LECOM’s programs.