Spirit of the Cornerstone Award
This new honor will be awarded each month starting in February and will culminate in recognition at the Honors Celebration in April.
Nominate Someone Today
The Student Accountability Board, in partnership with the Office of Accountability, Education, and Compliance, invite all members of the campus community to nominate students, registered student organizations, and athletic teams, who most embody the tenets of the Florida Southern College Cornerstone during the 2017-2018 academic year, for the Spirit of the Cornerstone Award.
This new honor will be awarded each month starting in February and will culminate in recognition at the Honors Celebration in April. Nominations may be submitted through Mocsync on a continuing basis. For more information, please contact Student Accountability Board Chairperson Wyatt Robinson.
We thank you in advance for your nominations of the deserving students, organizations, and teams that truly live out the Cornerstone tenets in their daily lives!
Choosing to join the community obligates each member to a code of behavior that reflects the highest personal and communal values to which the college is committed.
Florida Southern College’s goal of producing good citizens who make a lasting impact on their communities is advanced by the quality of campus life in the college community. Through shared values and communal expectations, Florida Southern College engenders a specific atmosphere where students can study, socialize, rest and grow as they pursue their academic goals. Campus life creates a positive and enriching environment that cares for the whole person — developing maturity of character that is the aim of the College. The Cornerstone outlines the standard of behavior that forms a basis for academic and social life.
Inspired by the Judeo-Christian principles on which the college was founded, a Florida Southern Scholar...
- will practice personal and academic integrity and excellence of character and expect the same from others.
- will respect the dignity, value, and worth of all persons while learning from the differences in people, ideas, and opinions.
- will respect the rights and property of others.
- will demonstrate concern for others, their feelings, and our collegiate need for conditions that promote personal growth and academic success.
- will contribute to the rich heritage left by those who have preceded us and work to leave the college a better place for those who follow.