Click here to return to the Science and Pre-Health Career and Internship Advising Homepage
Entry Level Science Careers &
Whether you are searching for your first position after graduation or simply interested in learning more about entry-level careers and internships, the information on this page is for you!
Got a Job? Let us know by clicking below!
Entry Level Jobs of Recent FSC Graduates
- Microbiology Lab Technician
- Research Assistant
- Science Teacher
- Operations Technician
- Analytical Lab Tech
- Sales Associate
- Textbook Content Developer
- Animal Programs Educator
Preparing for the Job Search
Before exploring Available Positions, ensure you have completed all of the following:
- Research different science careers.
- Polish your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile. Meet with the Career and Internship Coordinator or a Career Counselor in the Career Center to have these items critiqued.
- Schedule a practice (mock) interview and use Optimal Resume to improve your skills, then participate in the "Moc" Interview Day hosted by the Career Center. Also sign up for on-campus interviews through College Central Network.
- Attend Career Expos (such as the Career and Internship Expo or the Science and Pre-Health Internship Showcase) to evaluate your options.
- Continue networking efforts that will enhance your job search.
- Review helpful resources, such as the handouts and podcasts below:
Beginning Your Search
First you will need to determine how you will keep track of the positions you are interested in. When considering positions, it is important to carefully review the job description and information provided to critically assess your eligibility and competitiveness. It is helpful for you to identify the skills that are expressly or implicitly indicated on the job description, and the ways in which you believe you meet these skills. Consider using something like the Job & Skill Tracking Sheet.
Students are encouraged to check out College Central
to view current job postings. Positions are updated continuously, so students are encouraged to check often!
Log-in to College Central
If you have not used College Central before, you will need to create a free account. Students are responsible for verifying the information found in college central and confirming eligibility. Report any job closures to email@example.com.
Additional Job Posting Sites
In addition to the positions found on College Central, the following sites may have additional job postings:
- Discipline-specific job boards: