MAT Information Session
Saturday, February 20, 10:00 AM
Interested in learning more?
Make plans to join faculty, staff, and other interested students at our next information session.
Sign Up Today
Share the wealth of your knowledge with the next generation
Do you have a bachelor’s degree in Art? Are you a biologist looking for a second career? Do you love math and want to share your passion?
Our dynamic Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program is a 44-credit hour graduate level program designed for those with a bachelor’s degree in academic fields who wish to attain the teacher certification within the State of Florida. If you have a degree in the arts, humanities, or sciences and want to share your passion for teaching, the MAT will prepare you for a successful career in education. Following the completion of your coursework, you will apply what you’ve learned in a final capstone seminar and internship that will give you the classroom experience you need to start your career as an educator.
Why get a Master of Arts in Teaching from Florida Southern?
Prestigious Credentials - At Florida Southern College, you can earn a highly regarded MAT degree at one of the top graduate teaching programs in the U.S. — at an affordable cost.
Connected - Partnerships with local schools provide opportunities for internships and assist with job placement upon completing your degree.
Flexible Schedule - You may choose to complete your degree in as little of 4 semesters, plus an internship. The MAT program consists of courses that are 100% online prior to an internship and final semester of student teaching.
Learning by Doing - Students enjoy the personalized, one-on-one attention that comes with our 13:1 student faculty ratio and small class size. Our esteemed faculty is focused on transforming classroom theory into the practical, real-world skills.
Getting started is easy.
Just contact Greg today!
Admissions Counselor and Advisor
View the on-line information session:
- 100% of the courses are offered online with the exception of your student teaching internship and course seminar within a Polk County Public School
- Personalized attention in small classes; 13 to 1 student to faculty ratio
- Courses conveniently arranged for working professionals or those looking for a career change
- Accessible, full-time, impressively credentialed faculty will guide you successfully through the program
MAT Program Cost for 2015-16**
|Tuition per credit hour
|8 credit hours (full-time status)
|PROGRAM TOTAL (44 credit hours)
* Technology Fees for the School of Education: $25 for up to 4 credit hours, $50 for 5-8 credit hours, $100 for 9 or more credit hours
** Florida Southern College reserves the right to revise fee schedules.