School of Education Information Session
- DateDateDate October 13
- Date November 12
Share the wealth of your knowledge with the next generation
Do you have a bachelor’s degree in Art? Are you a biologist looking for a second career? Do you love math and want to share your passion?
Our dynamic Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program is a 44-credit hour graduate level program designed for those with a bachelor’s degree in academic fields who wish to attain the teacher certification within the State of Florida. If you have a degree in the arts, humanities, or sciences and want to share your passion for teaching, the MAT will prepare you for a successful career in education. Following the completion of your coursework, you will apply what you’ve learned in a final capstone seminar and internship that will give you the classroom experience you need to start your career as an educator.
Why get a Master of Arts in Teaching from Florida Southern?
Prestigious Credentials - At Florida Southern College, you can earn a highly regarded MAT degree at one of the top graduate teaching programs in the U.S. — at an affordable cost.
Connected - Partnerships with local schools provide opportunities for internships and assist with job placement upon completing your degree.
Flexible Schedule - You may choose to complete your degree in as little of 4 semesters, plus an internship. The MAT program consists of courses that are 100% online prior to an internship and final semester of student teaching.
Learning by Doing - Students enjoy the personalized, one-on-one attention that comes with our 13:1 student faculty ratio and small class size. Our esteemed faculty is focused on transforming classroom theory into the practical, real-world skills.
Getting started is easy.
Just contact us today!
Office of Adult and Graduate Admission
View the on-line information session:
- 100% of the courses are offered online with the exception of your student teaching internship and course seminar within a Polk County Public School
- Personalized attention in small classes; 13 to 1 student to faculty ratio
- Courses conveniently arranged for working professionals or those looking for a career change
- Accessible, full-time, impressively credentialed faculty will guide you successfully through the program
MAT Program Cost for 2016-17**
|Tuition per credit hour
|8 credit hours (recommended hours per semester)
|PROGRAM TOTAL (44 credit hours)
* Technology Fees for the School of Education: $25 for up to 4 credit hours, $50 for 5-8 credit hours, $100 for 9 or more credit hours
** Florida Southern College reserves the right to revise fee schedules.