Program outcome goals for Communication students
- Understand communication theories and integrate them into your own real-world work and life situations.
- Build relationships with local organizations to help you make connections in your area of study.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills to be a competent leader.
- Learn methods to conduct extensive research, creating a case study that is applicable to your own interests and/or workplace setting.
- Communicate effectively across diverse populations.
Graduate & Professional Opportunities
A degree in Interpersonal and Organizational Communication from FSC prepares you for further studies in graduate programs that emphasize Communication Arts, Communication Studies, Health Communication, International and Intercultural Communication, Interpersonal Communication, Legal Communication, Organizational Communication, Performance Studies, Political Communication, Public Address, Public Relations, and Rhetorical Criticism.
Our graduates are also prepared for professional degree programs such as law and theological studies and graduate programs such as anthropology, business, criminology, education, english, mass communication, philosophy, psychology, public administration, religion, social work, sociology, theater arts, urban studies, and women’s studies.
Departmental Clubs & Organizations
Students have an opportunity to join local organizations, connecting them to professionals throughout the nation.
Active professional organizations include the Florida Public Relations Association, the American Advertising Federation, and the National Broadcasting Society.
Lambda Pi Eta, the National Communication Honor Society, promotes leadership in the field of communication through volunteering in the community and in leadership workshops offered on campus.
Communication Program Cost for 2016-2017**
|Tuition per credit hour
|8 credit hours (average)
* Technology Fees for the School of Arts and Sciences: $25 for up to 4 credit hours, $50 for 5-8 credit hours, $100 for 9 or more credit hours
** Florida Southern College reserves the right to revise fee schedules.