Posting remains on Employment Page until the position is closed or filled.
FT/Salaried/Full Benefits Package
The Staff Writer for Enrollment Management works to support the efforts of the Enrollment Management Office, primarily in the areas of web and media communication. The position is responsible for researching, interviewing, writing, and editing content to assist development of effective messaging that supports the communication goals of the Enrollment Management team and aid in the recruitment of new students.
1. Develop accurate and compelling editorial content including but not limited to news stories, profiles, features, and interviews, which can be used across multiple channels to promote the College
2. Work with colleagues across campus to maintain academic and administrative department pages; keeping the web site fresh and interesting. He/she will also be responsible for creating the title tags and meta descriptions for each page of content written
3. Maintain and routinely add faculty bios to promote faculty on the web site
4. Monitor social media channels and develop and execute new ways to tell Florida Southern’s story through digital platforms
5. Assist in maintaining College profiles in the digital space; aggregate and assist in keeping FSC’s presence updated
6. Contribute to the writing, editing, and proofing of printed materials including recruitment publications, post cards, brochures, letters, and other printed collateral
7. Assist in the development of electronic marketing materials such as emails and newsletters
8. Conduct research as needed, often quickly, and bring new ideas on story suggestions, new angles, etc.
9. Recruit and manage student writer/editors
10. Contributes to the overall success of the Enrollment Management office by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelor's degree is required, with an emphasis in writing, editing, communication, or marketing.
2. Minimum 3 years writing experience in advertising or related field required.
3. Extensive experience in copy writing, editing, and proof reading is required.
4. Must possess ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information.
5. Must be able to write for a variety of audiences and be skilled in writing and editing news and feature articles as well as have the ability to draft materials on a wide range of topics.
6. Ability to work collaboratively to build strong working relationships within the Enrollment Management office and with all departments across campus.
7. Knowledge of social media networks, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn strongly preferred.
8. Proficiency in HTML and the use of various content management systems strongly preferred.
9. Software expertise including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Adobe Photoshop required.
10. Must possess a willingness to take initiative and imagine new communications opportunities as they arise.
11. Must be willing to work extra hours during peak periods, including occasional evenings and weekends.
12. Experience in a higher education setting is preferred.
1. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift up to 30 pounds.
2. Position requires working long hours at a computer. Visual acuity and skillful typing required.
1. Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
2. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to the typical office environment.
3. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
4. Occasional participation in evening and/or weekend activities is required.