Position remains posted on this Employment Page until filled or closed.
The Roberts Academy at Florida Southern College is seeking to hire a part-time paraprofessional to assist in the after school program. The Roberts Academy is a school for children with dyslexia in grades 2 through 6. Located on the Florida Southern College campus, this position would include the following responsibilities:
1. Supervise students in grades 2 through 6 in the after-school program.
2. Supervise learning activities including games, reading, computer, playground, etc…
3. Clerical work that includes answering phones, filing, scheduling, and documentation in student records.
4. Use technology tools: Microsoft Office, Internet, etc...
5. Collaborate with teachers and staff.
6. Assist in classrooms.
7. Supervise students working in small groups.
8. Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Education.
1. Earned 2 year degree, preferably in Education.
2. Fingerprinting clearance and background check including VECHS approval.
3. 3-5 years experience working with elementary students.
4. Desire to work with students in a learning environment.
5. Professional attitude.
Unless other contact information is specified in the job posting, please follow the application instructions below to ensure proper submission of materials. Please note the appropriate e-mail address below for electronic submission of documents.
Candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and a completed Employment Application and Disclosure form. All items must be received before an application for employment will be processed.
Electronic documents can be sent to:
OR mail to:
Florida Southern College
Attn: Human Resources
111 Lake Hollingsworth Drive
Lakeland, FL 33801
To apply, an applicant must be a U.S. citizen or have legal authorization to work in the United States. The type of legal work authorization must be indicated on the employment application when the applicant is not a U.S. citizen and qualifies for U.S. employment.
Download the Employment Application and Disclosure form here