Position remains posted on this Employment Page until filled or closed.
FT/Salaried/Full Benefits Package
Hall Directors are professional staff members that report to the Assistant Director of Community Living for Residential Education and supervise resident advisors (RA). The Hall Director is responsible for staff supervision, staff training, administrative work, community development, student accountability, facility management, conflict management and supplemental work with various assigned areas.
Staff Supervision & Training
1. Directly supervise Resident Advisors - conduct weekly staff meetings and regular one-on-one meetings
2. Participate in the recruitment, selection, training and evaluation of RA staff
3. Provide staff recognition
4. Coordinate Fall, Mid-Year & Spring RA staff training for assigned area
5. Conduct on-going crisis management training for assigned staff
6. Train staff on master key responsibilities, usage, and expectations
7. Attend all staff trainings including but not limited to Resident Advisor and Hall Director
1. Coordinate Residence Hall check-in and check-out procedures for assigned area, and student room assignments throughout the year
2. Serve as communication link between the Office of Community Living, the site managers and the residents and staff members of an assigned area
3. Hold regular office hours
4. Track RA job performance, conduct informal & formal evaluations
1. Assist in the planning and execution of area programming initiatives (i.e. First Year Experience or Second Year Experience)
2. Maintain event planning budget
3. Represent Community Living at College events
4. Track programming initiatives and budget lines
1. Develop and implement a community development plan and activity/program model
2. Direct staff in creating inclusive communities that are socially just, safe and welcoming
3. Assess the needs of all residents in assigned area and develop programming goals to meet identified needs
4. Implement community development initiatives, such as roommate agreements
5. Serve as a resource and referral agent for students’ social, academic, and identity needs
1. Responsible for interpreting and upholding College policy pertaining to Student Accountability
2. Assist professional staff and RAs with confrontation of students violating policies
3. Hold Student Accountability meetings for violations, apply appropriate sanctions, and conduct sanction follow-up
4. Complete Student Accountability paperwork and maintain administrative records
1. Create an open and consistent working relationship with site management
2. Maintain working relationships with housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure assigned facilities are well maintained
3. Develop and implement assessment procedures for identifying facility needs of residents
Crisis Management/Conflict Resolution
1. On call responsibilities on Hall Director level
2. Respond to emergencies and provide guidance in crisis situations
3. Implement emergency facility management procedures
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
3. Must be able to attend all scheduled trainings and closings/openings
4. Preferred previous RA/Student Life/Housing experience
1. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift up to 30 pounds.
2. Frequently required to move across campus with ease including during inclement weather.
1. Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
2. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to the typical office environment.
3. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
4. Scope of the position frequently requires work in the evenings and on weekends.
5. Must be able to attend all scheduled trainings and closings/openings.