Acceptable Use Policy
Use of Surf Lakeland is a privilege, not a right. You may use Surf Lakeland for communications, research, education, and entertainment. This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) describes certain guidelines which are consistent with the purposes of Surf Lakeland and the Internet. This Policy shall not be deemed to be exhaustive. Use of Surf Lakeland for inappropriate purposes may result in the termination of your access to it.
- respect the culture and civility of communication and discourse on or through the Internet.
- respect and be courteous to other Internet users and network resources.
- obey all federal and state laws regarding your use of the Internet and information obtained or transmitted through the Internet
- respect the ownership of intellectual property, as may be reflected in the trademark, copyright, and laws
- respect diversity, the opinions of others and their right to voice those opinions
- respect the privacy of other users
- use the Internet in ways consistent with ethical and moral guidelines and accepted community standards
- follow the Acceptable Use Policies of any networks you may use
Users shall not:
- use for any purpose which violates any federal or state laws
- access pornography or other adult content
- interfere with or disrupt network users, services or equipment including distributing unsolicited advertising, propagating computer worms or viruses, and using the network to make unauthorized entry to other computational, information, or communications devices or resources
- transmit threatening, obscene, or harassing materials
- use for any malicious purpose
- transmit or receive racist or hate based communications or materials
- use in a manner that precludes or significantly hampers its use by others
- send messages likely to result in the loss of recipients’ work or systems
- send or respond to "chain letters"
- broadcast messages to lists or individuals that have not explicitly expressed an interest in receiving such messages, particularly where such use causes congestion of the networks or otherwise interferes with the work of others
- intentionally develop programs that harass other users or infiltrate a computer or computing system and/or damage or alter the software components of a computer or computing system
- resell Surf Lakeland or otherwise charge others to use Surf Lakeland. Surf Lakeland is for the personal use of the user only and user agrees not to use the Surf Lakeland for operation as an Internet Service Provider (“ISP”) or for any other business enterprise.
- use Surf Lakeland such that it significantly interferes with the ability of others to make effective use of the network
- use Surf Lakeland to access information or resources unless permission to do so has been granted by the owners or holders of rights to those resources or information
- seek information on, obtain copies of, or modify files, other data, or passwords belonging to other users, or represent yourself as another user unless explicitly authorized to do so by that user
USE OF SURF LAKELAND BY A DOWNTOWN BUSINESS AS ITS
PRINCIPAL INTERNET CONNECTIVITY IS PROHIBITED