Whether your goal is weight management, strength-training, education, or general conditioning, our programs are designed to provide you with safe and supportive environment.
Membership to FSC’s Wellness Center offers access to our state-of-the-art facility, including:
- Full use of the cardiovascular and strength training equipment in our fitness area
- Access to our pool
- Group exercise classes (in our aerobic studio)
- Indoor cycling classes
- Court sports
- Specialized personal training
- Locker rooms with showers
- Health and wellness information sessions
- Free family memberships for faculty and staff
To get Started
Visit the Nina B. Hollis Wellness Center and fill out the Jump Start packet. You will be assigned to a personal trainer as they become available. For more specific questions contact, Abby Elias, FSC Fitness Coordinator.
Jump Start applications for Faculty and Staff.
To take advantage of the aquatics, fitness, group exercise, intramural sports, and outdoor recreational programs, stop by the Wellness Center, or complete our Faculty/Staff Membership Form
Check out the Group Exercise schedule.
Services and Programs
The Department of Wellness and Recreation Programs offers continual programs to help you stay healthy and live well.
These programs include: our weekly group exercise class, our Jump Start Program that includes a full fitness assessment and personalized exercise program, and our nutrition education and training program that provides one-on-one coaching and group workshops.
Health Flex Incentives
Download 2017 Incentives Guide
2017 Incentives FAQ
This online health assessment helps you evaluate your risk for common health problems and can be shared with your primary care physician. Complete the HQ between Aug. 1 and Sept. 30, 2016 and avoid paying a higher medical plan deductible in 2017. If your spouse also is in a HealthFlex active plan, both you and your spouse must complete the HQ online health risk assessment in August or September to avoid the higher medical plan deductible in 2017.
Blueprint for Wellness
Earn $100 HealthCash for doing your blood screening right here on campus. Lab includes lipid, cholesterol glucose and hemoglobin A1C testing as well as multiple organ function tests. Share your lab results with your doctor at your next scheduled appointment. You must be enrolled in the Virgin Healthmiles program to receive HealthCash.
WebMD Wellness Points
Earn $150 HealthCash for accumulating at least 150 Wellness Points during the year. Improve your personal health while at the same time earning cash. Check it out at www.webmdhealth.com.
FSC Wellness Programs
Campus Wide Blood Drives
Smoking Cessation Classes
Stress Free Zones
LRH Promise Run
Saturday, March 4, 2017
HeartMath Personal Resilience Classes
- Identify depleting stress reactions that affect your health, performance and well-being.
- Neutralize and replace stressful reactions that erode health and mental and emotional composure and resilience.
- Regain vitality by stopping energy drains.
- Increase your ability to think clearly and find more efficient solutions to problems
- Incorporate HeartMath’s emWave technology into personal practice(optional).
- Observe and identify personal benefits gained from applying self-regulation skills.
- Increase your ability to sustain coherence and composure in challenging situations.
- Prep before potentially stressful or challenging situations.
- Increase awareness of and sensitivity to relational issues.
- Successfully reset by shifting your physiology and reestablishing coherence and composure after stress triggers or incidents.
CPS Investments Advisors Community Outreach Lunch & Learns
The following FREE Community Presentations are provided by CPS here at FSC the first Wednesday of the month in the Hollis Room. Lunch is provided! To RSVP, email Sherrie at email@example.com.
Kelly Andrews, M S, Assistant Dean of Wellness, FSC
Employee Food Discounts
Employees enjoy a significant discount on lunchtime dining in Wynee’s Bistro on weekdays from 10am-11am and 1pm-2pm. The cost is only $5 plus tax ($5.35) when using Moc Bucks. This savings is almost half off the regular lunch price for all you care to eat. Wynee’s offers soups, salad bar, foods from around the world, healthy options, freshly made home cooked entrees, sandwiches and wraps, pasta and pizzas, and daily specials, along with a variety of beverages and fresh baked desserts.
FSC Employees may purchase Moc Bucks on their employee ID cards at the business office located in the Realizing Building or through the employee Portal by selecting “Add funds to your FSC ID card” in the Employee Information tab. When using Moc Bucks, employees already receive a 20% discount off the regular price at Wynee’s Bistro for any meal. Normally, lunch is $8.95 plus tax($9.57), but during off-peak hours employees enjoy the special added discount when paying with Moc Bucks.
Community Wellness Opportunities
Area Fitness Center Discounts
Take a look at the different area fitness center discounts that are available to Florida Southern College Faculty and Staff.
Weight Watchers Discounts
Weight Watchers Information
Find the Nearest Weight Watchers Location