The Waterfront is open daily during the academic year.
Florida Southern’s Waterfront program provides students with the unique opportunity to enjoy all that Florida has to offer.
The program is free and open to faculty, students, and staff. All you need is your FSC I.D. Sign the waiver and we provide the rest.
Located on Lake Hollingsworth, directly across from the Wellness Center, you will find our boathouse, which serves as a home base for our Waterfront activities. At the boathouse, you can check out kayaks and paddleboards.
One of the most popular recreational lakes in Polk County, Lake Hollingsworth is relatively small. With an average depth of 4 feet, it is the ideal place to give water sports a try.
Other activities on or around the lake include fishing, bird watching, picnicking, biking, and a very busy three-mile paved walking path.
General Waterfront Policies
Please read the following guidelines which are designed for the comfort and safety of all users. If you have questions, please contact the waterfront attendant on duty.
- Participants must wear closed toed shoes at all time. There is a limited availability of water-shoes available for use.
- All participants must wear their lifejacket for the duration of the time on the water.
- All lifejackets are equipped with a whistle. Whistles should be used to signal for help.
- Participants are to stay clear of other boats and waterski buoys
- Lake Hollingsworth is home to wildlife. All participants must be respectful of the environment and their surroundings.
- Participants must adhere to all policies set forth by the waterfront attendant.
- A fog horn may be used to call participants back to shore. This is used either at closing or if the weather has become unsafe to be on the lake. All participants must come in as soon as the fog horn is blown.
Water Ski Clinics
Do you want to learn how to water ski? If so, please attend one of the five water-ski clinics offered throughout the year. To attend one of the water-ski clinics, please sign up at the waterfront.
Questions? Contact Missy Meyer at MMeyer@flsouthern.edu
We make it rain!
Lake Hollingsworth is also "home base" for our championship Water Ski Team.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday, 6 AM – 11 PM
Saturday, 8 AM – 10 PM
Sunday, 12 noon – 10 PM
Monday-Friday, 11 AM – 7 PM
Saturday-Sunday, 12 noon - 6 PM
Mon-Fri, 11 AM - 5 PM
Sat-Sun, 12 noon - 6 PM
Connect with us
Stay on top of the latest events and announcements.
Comments? Suggestions? Let us know how we are doing!
Leave a Comment
Our mission to promote a holistic lifestyle through recreation, health education, and wellness opportunities for the Florida Southern community.
To continually provide an inclusive environment allowing all participants to find their fit in wellness and recreation.