Health Center Information and Services
Located at the corner of Ingraham Avenue and Duke Place (across from the ROTC building). Hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.; Saturday, 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.; Sunday 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. during the fall and spring academic year. Advanced Registrar Nurse Practitioner hours (by appointment), Mon-Tue-Thu-Fri. 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and Wed., 1:00-2:00 p.m.
Eligibility for Student Health Services
· All full-time (12 or more credit hours) day students, both boarding and commuting, are eligible for student health services.
· Most services are free.
· ARNP or physician ordered laboratory test, and x-rays
· Some prescription medications, such as pre-packaged antibiotics, are available from the Health Center.
· Laboratory tests will be done by Laboratory Corporation of America. Fees for prescription medications, and ARNP or physician-ordered laboratory tests will be billed to the student's account by the Business Office.
· X-rays may be obtained at any facility of the student's choice (Lakeland Regional Medical Center, local walk-in clinics, etc.).
· When obtaining x-ray services for an accident related incident, the United Health Care school insurance policy should be used as the secondary insurance with the Family insurance used as primary insurance.
Equipment Available for Loan
· Ice Bags
· Hot Water Bottles
· Plastic Basins
· Students requiring hospitalization will be admitted to Lakeland Regional Medical Center (Phone: 863-687-1100).